Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Space Jam

I wake up feeling like my life's worth living, even though sometimes I can't bring myself to actually get out of bed. Even though we all have those days. Even though mine seem to be increasing with my age.

I know I talk a lot about the beach, and California, and old memories, but those were the days when I really felt alive. The moments when act scores and colleges and money had no effects on me. The times when what I looked like, and who my friends were, and what religion I was didn't only define who I was. Those were the times I was truly happy. 

Happiness is what I strive to live for. Happiness is what gets me out of bed in the morning...eventually. Happiness is my space jam. Along with the smell of surf wax.

2 comments:

  1. "Even though we all have those days. Even though mine seem to be increasing with my age." I'm not sure why but I loved this line. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Happiness is my space jam. Along with the smell of surf wax." I love this ending.

    ReplyDelete