Sunday, March 2, 2014

"But nothing lasts forever and these days everyone's pictures are digital. Things can be erased. It can take years, it can take seconds"
-Harold Miner

Thrifty ice cream and yellow smoke bombs and broken buttons;

Sting rays and Canoes and early morning surfing lessons;

Tori pines and The Pedestrian Path and Kelly park;

Grape juice stains and corn on the cob and the taste of s'mores at midnight;

Raccoons and tents and perfect weathered nights;

These are my bricks. I am not complete without them, but I'm not whole with them. They are not broken, but each is cracked-filled with different memories and faces and smiles and tears. They build me up and form the hardened core that is my character.



1 comment:

  1. "I am not complete without them, but I'm not whole with them." This just makes sense. I loved this line. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete