Monday, March 17, 2014

To: Death,

If I ever get to meet you, face to face, I would not be scared-I am not scared of dying. I just wonder...

Do you like your job?

Do you like stealing away the hearts and souls of so many innocent victims? Do you enjoy turning warm hearts, cold and lifeless? What's it like to look into a persons eyes, and watch them go colorless? Do you ever get tired of taking. Do you wonder what it would be like to give? 

What's it going to be like when we finally get to meet?

Are you going to smile? Are you going to cry? Are you going to laugh as you reach into my body and steal away my time? Or will you look back on my past. Will you soak up the nostalgia and feel every moment felt-every bit of sorrow, bitterness, grief, pain, love happiness, joy and fear as you feel my heart take its last dying beat? Will you laugh as you uncover all my embarrassing moments, and will you cry when you discover how happy I was, and how it's all coming to an end? Or will you envy me. Will you wonder what it's like to live, because you will never know? Will you envy my life over yours, and wonder what it would've been like if you had gotten the same chance at life, the same chance that your so willingly able to steal away? Do you ever get tired of taking. Do you wonder what it would be like to give?

Until then, 
Llacie Paige 

1 comment:

  1. This was different. And good. But different I liked it.

    ReplyDelete