Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunburns, whoop-lash, and heart ache

Let's go back in time...

Lets go back to when popularity didn't matter

Back to when we did everything together

Back to when we rated the joggers jogging by on the sea wall 

Back to endless sunburns because we hated sun screen; back to when we created 'potions' in grandmas backyard; back to when we'd walk down the big hill to the little creek to catch crawdads; back to when we found that hut in Kelly park out of old palm leaves, and called it ours

Back to when we were still friends

Back to when we were inseparable...

Now it's all different. You've lost yourself in the endless lies of magazines and school rankings.  You have become swallowed up within your own sorrow, and you've secluded yourself from everything and everyone; including me

You forgot to come see me the last time I visited. You forgot the time before too.

Now I've had to sit alone in grandmas backyard for hours on end

I've had to find my own way out to the sea; I've had to walk the sea wall alone

I never understood why you just stopped. It was so sudden. I left you letters, I waited for you. 

I am still waiting...



1 comment: