Sunday, February 9, 2014

White crayons

I've recently heard that the only use for a white crayon is to use it as a mini torch.

A mini torch that blazes with fire. 

A fire that is filled with brilliant colors of red, yellow, and orange. A fire that runs rampant through anything in its path. Almost like a child.

A child that is running rampant through the halls while holding crayons, gently pushing them to the wall, creating a magnificent blend of red, yellow, and orange.

I miss this. I miss the endless hours of littlest pet shops, pretzels, and Zaboomafoo. I miss Pauba Valley Elementary School with the outdoor lunch tables, and the sound of the palm tree leaves swaying from side to side in the Santa Anna winds. I miss the ladybugs, sea gulls, and blue-bellied lizards. I miss the hot and sweaty soccer games, the dandelions, and the honey bees. I miss bath time. I miss the summer dried strawberries and peaches. I miss hating my bedtime. I miss my big backyard with the giant dirt hill and the big brown fence. I miss the old life. I miss the 'white crayons'.

2 comments: