Sunday, February 2, 2014

I'm only human

To Anonymous,
  I love you, I want you to know that. Sometimes though, I wonder if you really love me? Why? Because out of the few times I have ever heard you say it to me, it sounds repeated. It's sounds as if it's lost its meaning.
  I know that I can be hard to put up with sometimes, and I know that I overreact. But I promise I am trying. I am trying to be the perfect daughter. I am trying to get good grades. I am trying to do my best-I am trying to make you proud! But you don't even care. You don't even acknowledge me.
   I'm sorry that I am trying. I'm sorry that all of the hard work I have put into you noticing me has just gone to waste, because all you notice is that I haven't unloaded the dishwasher yet. I'm sorry that my best will never be enough. I'm sorry that I am imperfect, and all you see in me are my weaknesses. I'm sorry that I'm only human.

2 comments:

  1. "Because out of the few times I have ever heard you say it to me, it sounds repeated." You put this wonderfully and devastatingly. And I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete